As a member of AGC you have the benefit and experience of nearly 100 years of representing and promoting the interests of the construction industry locally, state-wide and nationally. While many of the most valuable benefits that come from joining forces with AGC are intangible, you will be shocked at all this one-stop-shop for resources, products and information we have to offer. The services offered give you a complete membership package that provides bottom line results and a profitable return on your investment. Be sure to check back soon -- we’re always adding more reasons for you to become a part of the AGC.
Advocacy / Regulatory
We give you a stronger voice by representing your interests at the local, state and national levels of government. AGC has three-full time lobbyists in Sacramento and a staff of lobbyists in Washington, D.C., working on your behalf to promote your interest and the construction industry, and to protect your livelihood. AGC supports construction-friendly candidates on both sides of the aisle; we are well positioned to work with the U.S. Congress and California Legislature to advance critical issues. You will have the member resources and tools through our Legislative grassroots programs to make YOUR voice heard.
We work with the administration and legislature in the development of regulations, codes and standards that make common sense for contractors. Through AGC’s Legal Advisory Committee, attorney members work to protect contractors from unreasonable barriers and constraints to construction.
Marketing & Networking
As a member, you have access to AGC’s greatest resource…other members. Take advantage of the many opportunities to build relationships that work with contractors. AGC’s various meetings and programs allow members to exchange of new ideas, bringing together members to share their experiences, expertise, and knowledge with owners, fellow professionals and industry providers. Take advantage of the many advertising and sponsorship opportunities AGC has to offer.
Our members-only local, state and national publications will keep you up to date on industry news, trends and business practices.
- California Constructor, AGC-CA bi-monthly magazine, has exclusive coverage of public policy issues that affect the business of construction, combined with news about the latest trends in construction, and related topics such as insurance, labor relations, and legal matters.
- What’s News a monthly electronic update on the latest in California.
- News & Events gives a overview of association activities, regulatory and legal bulletins in one place.
Our members prefer to do business with members — some of the most powerful, influential and successful people in your community. Membership provides the opportunity to build relationships that work.
- Expand your professional network at meetings and events.
- Take advantage of advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
Keep informed about legal and regulatory compliance issues, and set yourself apart from the competition with our seminars, guides, professional designation programs and informative meetings.
Get the member's advantage with discounts from your local, state and national associations on insurance programs and other business services. Programs include:
- Publications, videos and training programs
- Access to AGC’s extensive safety video lending library
- Safety Seminars
- Legal Briefs – Expert legal papers on the impact of recent court decisions
- Workers Compensation Insurance Program
- McGraw Hill Construction Network Discounts
- Enterprise Fleet Management Discounts
Additional member discounts available from AGC of America.
» Join AGC Today