Youth Outreach Coordinator
SUMMARY: The Youth Outreach Coordinator will play a key role in the execution of the Construction Education Foundations’ comprehensive strategy and initiatives for Build California. The Youth Outreach Coordinator is responsible for supporting the operational and administrative components of the Build California program for K-12. The Youth Outreach Coordinator will provide support including the development, coordination and delivery of resources, events and marketing related to the Build California program for K-12.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: included but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports Senior Build California Manager & Workforce Development team with development and execution of all goals & initiatives related to the Build California program for K-12.
- Develops and coordinates project management/organizational tools such as project plans, production timelines, contact database/lists to ensure timely and complete program delivery.
- Provides direct technical assistance, materials, speakers, and other resources to K-12 educators, school counselors, and administrators interested in providing their students with information about construction careers and training.
- Provides direct technical assistance, materials, career counseling, and other resources to K-12 students and others exploring careers in construction.
- Supports Build California’s digital presence through daily maintenance of: website, social media, email inquiries, and more.
- Supports Senior Build California Manager with training program updates, contact databases, online store inventory management and fulfillment, website maintenance, social media metrics, and additional data management and reporting as needed.
- Manages online job board by working with companies to post their open job positions. Maintains job board by updating with relevant posts and removing outdated posts.
- Supports relationships with all third-party vendors and consultants for Build California, including: website vendor, marketing and PR consultants, database management, printing and fulfillment vendors, etc.
- Coordinates and manages requests for Build California K-12 activations, including meetings, outreach presentations, school events, industry events, and more. Coordinates logistics and material prep for all Build California activations.
- Coordinates Build California Ambassador Program by scheduling trainings, managing school presentations, leading communication with Ambassadors and organizations, and managing the Ambassador database.
- Facilitates digital, virtual and in person trainings, presentations, and events for variety of audiences including Ambassadors, educators, parents, students, and industry partners.
- Coordinates development, implementation, and maintenance of e-cademy, an online learning management system (LMS), related to Build California programming and activations.
- Creates, manages, and updates Build California presentation files and materials.
- Develops and provides Build California related content for e-marketing, social media campaigns, CA Constructor Magazine, and AGC-CA website.
- Works with Executive Assistant, Workforce Development to coordinate Build California Coalition calls, reports, and benefit fulfillment.
- Attends and represents AGC-CA and Build California at networking and other industry events.
- Provides back-up program coordination and administrative support for other AGC Workforce Development programs and services as necessary.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Can be substituted with at least two years of experience working with youth/students in career exploration/coaching capacity; experience in social/digital media and LMS management. A demonstrated desire and experience working with culturally diverse populations preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: This position has a 40% travel requirement.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A current CA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance are required. Certified Meeting Planning Professional (CMP) or Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) certification preferred but not required.