Labor Relations Assistant
SUMMARY: The Labor Relations Assistant is responsible for a variety of coordinative and administrative support functions such as responding to member calls and electronic communications, maintaining official membership records, compiling data, preparing publications and supporting events and projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Provides a broad variety of administrative tasks but not limited to; completing expense reports, assisting with travel plans, assisting with itineraries, agendas and compiling documents, composes correspondence, maintains files systems and other records and provides overall office assistance.
- Assists in preparing, compiling, and distributing newsletters, member information bulletins and reports to members and necessary staff.
- Answers member inquiries about issues such as prevailing wage rates and basic information regarding Master Labor Agreement questions.
- Assists in the setup, coordination, and documentation of regularly recurring and special meetings.
- Assists during negotiations with items such as note taking, calendaring meetings, updating and distributing new Agreements, etc.
- Tracks member Power of Attorney (POAs), advises Unions when there is a change to a POA.
- Tracks various industry statistics and reports to manager regularly.
- Assists in the maintenance of the membership database with member information and notifies Unions of changes.
- Assists in department expenses and budget and helps prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to management.
- Assists with setting up grievance hearings, note taking, and record of meetings.
- Assists with labor/management meetings and annual seminars.
- Assists with the accuracy and professional appearance of all correspondence sent out by the department.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree (A. A.) from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A current CA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance are required.