Member Services Assistant
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Regional Director, NorCal Engagement, this position provides administrative support to the Regional Director and the Northern California region. In addition to administrative tasks and functions, this position also provides outstanding customer service to members during routine calls or while supporting Regional Director at district/regional events. This position deals with a diverse group of important external callers and members as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Assists the Regional Director and Member Services Rep in scheduling, logistics and organizing regional board meetings. May attend district/regional board meetings/events on some occasions.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel and team activities.
- Creates and develops marketing/copy for district/regional meetings and visual presentations for regional meetings.
- Produces and distributes district correspondence, memos, letters, faxes and forms. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Submits and reconciles expense reports for supervisors as stated above.
- Responsible for member retention and supporting Regional Director with sales leads by communicating the value proposition of the organizations programs and services to meet regional goals.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for organization of regions/departments.
- Assists with routine maintenance of member accounts to ensure they are accurate and contain pertinent information.
- Responsible for answering, screening and forwarding any incoming phone calls while providing basic information to members when needed, fields informational services and directory assistance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/seminars, reviewing professional publications.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associates degree (A. A.) from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel Requirement: This position has a 10%-15% travel requirement.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A current CA driver’s license and proof of auto insurance are required.