Relocation Expense Covered: No
Manage Others: No
The Policy Coordinator will play a key role in the execution of AGC of California’s comprehensive advocacy strategy at the state and local levels. The Policy Coordinator will also be responsible for supporting the administrative, legislative and regulatory monitoring needs of the organization while representing the organization with external relationships internal communications channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: included but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews all public policy being proposed or conducted by state or federal agencies. Maintain a working knowledge of how public policy is created and shaped at the legislative and regulatory level.
- Assists with the oversight and participation in multiple working groups and coalitions in the area of regulatory and safety.
- Conducts research to identify ideal opportunities to introduce policy matters to AGC of California members.
- Develops briefing materials and reports (oral and written) including regulatory and administrative summaries, talking points and article content.
- Assists VP, Government Affairs with administrative support- scheduling meetings with policy makers and legislators.
- Attends hearings, webinars, and other meetings as needed, take notes, and provides comprehensive summaries.
- Assists with creating legislative and regulatory toolkits.
- Assists in drafting testimony, statements for the record, and comments for communications to agency officials.
- Manages coordination for meetings with Legal Advisory Committee and Safety and Health Council. Assists with Division coordination- managing conference schedules and content.
- May allocate a portion of time to assist/provide back up to the Safety Manager in carrying out and completing a variety of Government Affair’s tasks and assignments including but not limited, monitoring, and reporting on hearings conducted by several State Boards and Commissions, staffing AGC’s Safety Council, and drafting policy memos. Maintains a high level of organization with very high volume of complex information and multiple projects.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; effective, diplomatic and friendly communication style.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Comfortable presenting to small and large groups.
- Ability to cultivate positive relationships in order to facilitate cooperation of other departments and staff.
- Must be a self-starter and driven.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or related field from an accredited college or university is preferred or 2-3 years’ experience related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.