Regional Events Manager, Southern California
Relocation Expense Covered: No
Manage Others: No
Under the direction of the Director, Events & Sponsorship, the Regional Events Manager, Southern California will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service while producing organized development, coordination and execution of all regional events and related marketing projects. The Regional Events Manager, Southern California will also be responsible for a variety of coordinative and administrative support functions such as vendor management, staff correspondence and coordination, marketing, inventory preparation and management, on-site set-up and tear down and post event reconciliation. The Regional Events Manager will also be responsible for supporting Statewide events and other functions within the department, as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include the following, other duties may be assigned):
- Leads and manages all aspects of regional events including pre-planning, on-site execution and post-event wrap-up; specifically, management of hotel block/housing, registration, audiovisual, food & beverage requirements, room set up, on-site schedule, walk-throughs and site visits, selection and contract preparation.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records and files for all event management projects in the shared event drive
- Develops event specific organizational tools such as production timelines, contact lists, on-site deliverables schedule. Manages event timelines and deliverables to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Develops and manages registration process for event participants, speakers and VIPs.
- Publishes and maintains information (pre, post, and future) on the website and social media relating to regional events.
- Negotiates contracts and service delivery with vendors with approval of Director.
- Manages event-related collateral production in coordination with Communications & Marketing team for printed materials, brochures, signage and other marketing pieces.
- Compiles post event wrap up reports/reconciliations, participant/stakeholder evaluations and evaluation summaries.
- Works with Director and regional team to develop sponsorship packages and raffle components for events as needed.
- Works with Director and regional team to identify stakeholders and audiences for marketing and registration/engagement.
- Supports Statewide events, as needed at the direction of the Director, to include registration, planning, preparation, procurement, marketing and collateral, sponsor and exhibitor management, reporting and budgeting, and other general tasks as assigned.
- Maintains event supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Provides key support to overall team operations by planning internal staff meetings, preparing meeting agenda, recording discussions and providing follow up reports.
- Reads trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other meeting professionals to keep abreast of meeting management standards and trends.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; two or more years related event and/or conference planning experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.