Construction Safety Training Week – Sacramento
Join us in West Sacramento for in-person training on Fall Protection Awareness, Trenching & Excavation Competent Person Training, Confined Space Competent Person Training, Qualified Rigger & Signal Person Training, and CalTrans Approved Flagger Training in English & Spanish.
The training schedule for the week is provided below. Registration fees vary by course, click the register button on this page to register for one or several of the courses being provided in the AGC of California offices conveniently located in West Sacramento near major highways.
- Confined Space Entry Competent Person Training, October 3, 2022, 7 am to 3 pm PT: In this 8 hour program, learn the proper procedures for making entry into confined spaces. All training is documented per OSHA regulations. A certificate is provided upon course completion.
- Fall Protection Awareness Training, October 4, 2022, 7 am to 3 pm PT: Course Objectives, Help students gain an understanding of:
Key safety requirements on fall protection operations in accordance with OSHA 29 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1926 Subpart M & OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.66
Certification: Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency on all learning stations and passing skills test and a written test, students receive a Competent Person Fall Protection course certificate valid for two years.
Participants are required to wear and bring their PPE. We ask participants to bring your personal fall protection harness with you to class for inspection. Doing so will provide the opportunity to learn how to properly wear your personal gear in addition to performing all the required inspections.
8 Hour Fall Prevention, please note this class does not meet requirements for those working on Government Contracts, you must take the 24-hour class.
- Trenching & Excavation Competent Person Training, October 5, 2022, 7 am to 3 pm PT: Properly trained employees result in reduced costs for implementation and better planning to facilitate compliance with Cal/OSHA 1541, and Fed OSHA 1926 Subpart P. Our training is designed to complement the experience of the student, and the authority granted by their employer to comply with competent person requirements. A certificate of completion is provided to all students who successfully complete the course. This session is hosted virtually on Zoom, join training from your office or jobsite.
- Qualified Rigger & Signal Person Training, October 6, 2022, 7 am to 3 pm PT: This 8-hour course is focused on real-world operational experience and industry-leading safety training. The course is delivered by an industry veteran. It is an excellent course for your most experienced, as well as those just entering the industry. All training is documented and certified per OSHA regulations. A course certificate is provided upon completion of the written exam and performance evaluation.
- CalTrans Approved Flagger Training in English & Spanish, October 7, 2022, Spanish 7 to 11 am, English 12 to 4 pm PT: Caltrans Approved ATSSA Flagger Certification course covers the following topics:
California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CA MUTCD), Part 6, “Temporary Traffic Control.”
Section 7-1.03 “Public Convenience” and Section 7-1.04 “Public Safety”, of the Standard Specifications.
Section 12 “Temporary Traffic Control” of the Revised Standard Specifications.
Traffic control system standard plan sheets that show flagging.
Caltrans Flagging Instruction Handbook (PDF).
Demonstrate proper flagging:
Standard skills of a good flagger.
Standard flagger practices for various situations.
Flagger station requirements and required temporary traffic control devices.
Automated flagger assistance devices.
About the Instructors
Our instructor, Joe Larson, has more than three decades of operations experience in the underground and heavy civil industry. He will share his industry knowledge and understanding of the OSHA guidelines with the students. His mission is to put his knowledge of compliance and safety strategy into the hands of the people that need it.
Mr. Larson is an OSHA authorized outreach instructor, as well as Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT) and Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, and has successfully trained and instructed over 1000 students.