Scheduling in Oracle Primavera P6 for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Projects
Most capital construction projects for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) require a schedule in Primavera format. This schedule is the baseline from which all progress is measured, provides the foundation for Pay Applications, and is the integration point with USACE’s Quality Control System (QCS).
Those who successfully complete the training will receive a Certificate of Completion and Digital Credential. The certificate may be submitted to USACE as aiding in Scheduler Qualification.
This course will discuss typical USACE contract requirements, and how to successfully meet those requirements using Primavera P6.
At the completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Create a Proposal Schedule
- Create a Preliminary Schedule
- Create an Initial Project Schedule, Including Cost-Loading
- Manage Periodic Schedule Updates and Progress Payments
- Manage Change Items
- Integrate P6 and USACE Resident Management System (RMS) using Standard Data Exchange Format (SDEF)
- Proposal Schedule
- Preliminary Project Schedule
- Initial Project Schedule
- Cost-Loading Schedule of Values
- Periodic Schedule Updates
- Progress Payment
- Manage Change Items
Areas of Instruction
- USACE Contract Specifications Relevant to the Project Schedule
- Scheduling Concepts
- Cost-loading the schedule
- Workers per Day, Area of Work, Feature of Work, Category of Work, Phase of Work, Contract Bid Item, Responsibility, and Modification
- Preliminary and Initial Schedule Submissions
- Required Reports
- Standard Data Exchange Format (SDEF): File conversion and verification
- Primavera integration with USACE Resident Management System (RMS 3.0)
- Schedule Updates
- Payment Applications
- Change Management
Students will receive a PDF course manual. Those who successfully complete the training will receive a Certificate of Completion and Digital Credential. The certificate may be submitted to USACE as aiding in Scheduler Qualification.
Please note, basic Primavera P6 experience is recommended. Coffee/water is provided in the morning, and boxed lunches are provided each day. Location is subject to change, class is subject to cancellation.
About the Instructors
Please find Justin’s full biography here.