Academy Application Process & FAQ
Application Key Points
- Applicants must be sponsored by their current employer and direct supervisor.
- Applications for the 2024 Academy are open and the deadline to apply is July 31, 2024.
- Applications are reviewed and approved by the Emerging Leaders Steering Committee.
- Notification of program acceptance begins on August 25, 2024, and concludes on September 1, 2024.
- Questions about the application or the Emerging Leaders Academy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academy applicants are employed directly within an AGC of California Member Company. Contact email@example.com if you are unsure of your employer’s membership status.
- Submit the Academy application.
- All applications are subject to review and approval from the Emerging Leaders Program Steering Committee.
- Attend the in-person retreat at the Construct Conference.
- Attend the in-person closing retreat and celebration at the Construct Conference.
- Submit all applicant and sponsorship expectations and agreements documents.
- Complete individual work that serves to enhance the participant experience.
- A strong desire to serve as a leader in the construction industry and community.
- Currently holds a leadership position or demonstrates a potential for advancement into leadership positions within the construction industry or in a role that supports the construction industry (construction consulting, law, insurance, accounting, etc.).
- An ability to contribute meaningfully to program discussions through individual work/life experiences.
Anticipate allocating approximately 6-7 hours per month towards professional development activities as part of the Emerging Leaders Academy. Please note that individual time commitments may vary, as each participant’s engagement in the program is tailored to their unique growth and development journey.
Still Have Questions?
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our staff to learn more.
Please note: Program dates are subject to change leading up to the start of the 2023-24 Emerging Leaders Academy.