AutoCAD Mastering the Basics I
Do you want to know how to open, print, and do some basic editing of AutoCAD files? Looking to improve your technical skills so you can handle basic design changes to AutoCAD line work without involving your design staff? This class is for you!
Are you an AutoCAD novice? Do you want to know how to open, print, and do some basic editing of AutoCAD files? Looking to improve your technical skills so you can handle basic design changes to AutoCAD line work without involving your design staff? Then this class is for you!
This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions that students can attend online, right from their own desk. A live instructor will explain the detailed functions, and address questions as the class progresses.
Note: Instructor will present using Autodesk AutoCAD 2022. Students who wish to follow along with instructor are encouraged to use the same version.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 48 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Registrants must attend all four sessions. Each session is hosted freom 11 am to 1 pm PT on the dates noted below.
Session 1: Understanding the Basics (January 12, 2023)
- Opening/Saving AutoCAD Files
- Using the AutoCAD User Interface
- Working with View and Zoom Controls
- Drafting Primitives (Lines, Arcs, Shapes, etc.)
- Understanding Concepts of Scale
- Working with Model and Paper Space
Session 2: Editing Essentials (January 19, 2023)
- Understanding SNAP and OSNAP Tools
- Grip Editing and Control of Objects
- Working with Basic Editing Tools (Move, Copy, Rotate, etc.)
- Working with Object Selection Tools
- Controlling Object Properties
Session 3: Beginning to Draft (January 26, 2023)
- Understanding and Controlling Layers and Linetypes
- Working with Hatch Patterns
- Working with Grouped Objects
- Creating and Using Named Blocks
- Editing and Re-Defining Blocks
Session 4: Annotation Tools (February 2, 2023)
- Understanding Text and Dimension Styles
- Adding Text Annotations to a Drawing
- Adding Dimension Annotation to a Drawing
- Working with Associative Annotations