AGC's contractor members coordinate and supervise a wide variety of projects, including the building of all types of public, private, commercial, and industrial structures, as well as roads, highways, bridges, underground projects, and utilities. As an AGC contractor member, you can count on us to help you make better business decisions, access industry information and resources, and make connections that drive success. We also provide specialized support for labor relations, workforce development, health and safety services, and diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives.
Advocate for Our Industry
Doing business in California is challenging. A strong industry voice comes through strong advocate members. By standing up for the best interests of our industry, we drive change and create opportunities to build.
Address Labor & Compliance Issues
As a member, you have access to expert advice and resources needed to manage labor and compliance challenges, including regulations, negotiations, and grievances.
Build Your Network
Through events, targeted forums, and intentional peer-to-peer conversations, you’ll get meaningful insights on how to develop important relationships and learn from others.
Build Your Competence
Get access to training and education, roundtable discussions, and other ways to learn and engage around issues that impact job sites, operations, and your bottom-line.
Meet Workforce Needs
Utilize tools and resources to build the diverse, inclusive, and safe culture you need to attract and retain your desired workforce, including early and exclusive access to future leaders.
Invest in Our Future
As a member, you benefit from our collective efforts to strengthen our industry. We give back through scholarships, mentorships, and the continued development of minority and small contractors.
Dues are assessed based on the member category and volume of construction work performed in California as follows:*
|Volume (Millions)||AGC Dues (Annual)|
Union Representation: Please email member services if your firm is interested in joining AGC’s Union Contractors Council for representation in MLA negotiations, contract administration, grievances, and general labor policy. We represent members in the following crafts:
- Northern California: Carpenters, Cement Masons, Laborers, Operating Engineers, Pile Drivers and Teamsters
- Southern California: Carpenters, Cement Masons, Laborers, Operating Engineers, Pile Drivers and Teamsters
- Statewide: Ironworkers
*Contractor membership is limited to any construction firm licensed to perform construction in California with an A, B, C-8, C-12, C-21, or C-42 licenses. Construction management firms are also eligible. Contractor dues are based on the annual volume for the previous year of construction billed for all types of contracts including bid, negotiated, public, or private. Volume does not include San Diego County or work outside of California. Construction management firm dues are assessed by the previous year’s revenue. Membership is assessed a 15% PAC allocation in addition to the annual dues payment. Companies may select to opt out of payment during annual billing.
Here are some of the major benefits of your AGC membership:
- Membership is statewide, meaning if you join in one part of the state, your membership is valid for all branches in other parts of the state. (Membership is restricted to businesses operating in the state of California, outside of San Diego County.)
- Membership is company-wide.
- By joining AGC of California you also become a member of AGC of America.
- Memberships are renewed on an annual basis.
- Membership at AGC of California does not afford your company membership in other AGC State Chapters, or AGC of San Diego.
Here’s the process:
- Your application will be reviewed by our Executive Committee. This should take about a week.
- Once approved, a member of our team will reach out to process payment.
You will receive your membership log-in via email, within 72 hours of payment processing.
- You begin receiving member benefits immediately upon completion of a successful transaction.
- If someone else at your company signed up for a membership, and you would like to access your member portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request log-in information.
- After you log into your member profile, we encourage you to access your national benefits through AGC of America. Click here to create your log-in and select your interests.
We offer the following memberships:
- Contractor Membership – AGC’s contractor members coordinate and supervise a wide variety of projects, including the building of all types of public, private, commercial, and industrial structures, as well as roads, highways, and bridges.
- Specialty Contractor Membership – Our specialty contractor members represent a unique and highly important segment of the overall construction community and economy. While some concerns are similar to those of general contractors, contractual agreements are often not with an owner or direct contracting authority.
- Associate Membership – AGC’s associate members are suppliers and professional service providers within the construction industry that do not perform actual on-site construction work.
AGC really came to our company’s rescue when my father was diagnosed with a terminal illness. AGC staff jumped in quickly and helped me transition our contractor’s license to me in about a month, cutting through red tape. As a result, our company was able to remain properly licensed as our management transitioned during a difficult time. I hope no one else will ever need AGC’s services in a similar situation, but it’s reassuring knowing that AGC ‘has your back’ when the chips are down.
AGC Member Directory
Get to know our members, and make connections that will help you succeed.
Not a member? Join Today.
Join AGC Today
As the premier organization of choice for both experienced and next generation construction and contracting professionals, AGC members represent the full spectrum of the construction industry.