Blueprint Reading Part I & II
This two part training is carefully designed to help those in the construction industry understand and build their working knowledge of blueprints. This quick-start approach exposes participants to the fundamental nomenclature of construction drawings and specifications and works systematically through the various disciplines.
Everyone in the construction industry feels more accomplished when they can read and understand construction drawings. This quick-start approach exposes participants to the fundamental nomenclature of construction drawings and specifications and works systematically through the various disciplines.
The virtual training is delivered in two sessions, each session lasting four hours in duration. Blueprint Reading Part I is hosted on March 21, and Blueprint Reading Part II is hosted on March 22, 2023, from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm PT.
1 – General Overview
- What do the lines and abbreviations mean and how are they used?
- Similarities and differences between various discipline drawings.
- How plans and specifications work together.
- Explore the “road signs” and get comfortable navigating a set of plans.
3- Architectural and Structural
4- Electrical, Plumbing, and Mechanical
Learning Objectives / Outcomes
Upon completion participants will:
- know how to navigate commercial plans and specifications
- be able to follow the ‘roadmaps’ to find the required information
- know how to read various plan and detail notes
- understand the various views
- understand what material schedules are and how to use them
- perform basic plan takeoff activities
- know the basic relationship between plans and specs
About the Instructors
Paul Stout, Director of Education Development (Power Summit)
Paul is the founder and Director of Education Development for Power Summit a national training company. His understanding of the construction process, vast experience and dynamic presentation skills enables him to write and present seminar material with authority and conviction. Paul Stout is a construction project manager, estimator, LEED Accredited Professional, facilitator and seminar instructor bringing more than twenty-three years of practical, hands-on construction experience to the arena. Since 1999, Paul has presented or facilitated more than 500 construction training seminars and workshops in 60 US cities spanning 22 states and internationally in Guam and Djibouti.