Civil 3D Site Design Simplified
Developing site design controls and surfaces in Civil 3D is a vital skill set, but it’s one that’s all too often left to a “learn as you go” process. Civil 3D provides designers with a powerful set of tools to generate fast, detailed, and reliable site conditions for both existing and proposed surfaces. This class will cover all site related processes in Civil 3D from understanding surface components to advanced Grading and Subdivision design tools.
All sessions listed below are hosted from 11 am to 1 pm PT.
Recording: Registrants for this course will receive access to a recording of each session for 24 consecutive hours. Access will start the next business day after the session ends.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
Session 1 – Surfaces Made Simple – May 1, 2023
• Understanding Surfaces
• Setting Surface Labels/Display
• Controlling Contour Display Styles
• Creating/Modifying Surface Display Styles
• Creating/Modifying Surface Label Styles
• Adding Contour Labels
• Adding Point Labels
Session 2 – Surface Component Controls – May 8, 2023
• Adding Points/Point Groups
• Adding Boundaries
• Adding/Editing Surface Points
• Adding/Editing Breaklines
• Swap Edges and Smooth Surfaces
• Reviewing Surface Details/Information
Session 3 – Grading Design Tools – May 15, 2023
• Understanding Feature Lines
• Creating Feature Lines from Existing Objects
• Creating New Feature Lines
• Using Stepped Offsets
• What are Grading Objects
• Creating Simple Grading Objects
• Dynamic Interaction of Grading Objects
• Building Surfaces from Grading Objects
Session 4 – Subdivision Grading – May 22, 2023
• Creating Dynamic Parcel Layouts
• Editing Parcels
• Controlling Parcel and distance/bearing labels
• Adding custom fields (addresses) to Parcels
• Generating Parcel Reports/Legends
• Extracting Feature Lines from Corridors
• Working with Feature Lines
• Creating side lot controls with Feature Lines
• Using Grading Objects to daylight rear yards
Please note that this course uses Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019. However, it is applicable to Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018 – 2020 versions.