Construction Estimating Basics
This workshop exposes participants to the necessary basic components of construction estimating through the use of dynamic, fast-paced instruction designed to illustrate the entire estimating and bidding process.
This course is OnDemand
Please go to https://lms.on-demand.academy/ to access your content. Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not already have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
- Learn and experiment with various methods of pricing work
- Discover the basic components of every effective estimating system
- Review spreadsheets and other tools of the trade
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Learn how to “feed” bid items
- How to avoid ‘rookie’ mistakes
- Understand overhead and profit
- How to bid in the public sector
- Build and use reliable cost data
- Explore strategies for gaining and maintaining a competitive edge
Who should attend:
- First time Estimators
- Estimating Assistants
- Those responsible for pricing and negotiating change orders