Microsoft Project Professional Basics OnDemand
Microsoft Project Professional is the industry leading Project Management tool in the AEC world, and understanding how to use it is vital to every professional. This class covers all the tools a Project beginner needs, from developing project schedules, assigning resources, and editing timelines, all the way through sharing and outputting the Project for real-world use/update. The class addresses concepts of Critical Patch Methodology, setting Milestones, and updating timetables and workloads throughout the Project lifecycle.
ZenTek Consultants, a certified Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider, will show students the tools they need in order to use Microsoft Project on real-world jobs. This eight (8) hour course is delivered in four (4), two-hour long sessions.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions or require assistance.
Session 1 – Understanding Microsoft Project
• The Project Interface
• Creating a New Project
• Saving/Opening a Project
• Entering Project Information
• Setting Working Time
• Choosing Automatic or Manual Scheduling
• Entering Tasks
• Project Views
• Organizing Tasks into Phases
• Linking and Unlinking Tasks
Session 2 – Schedules and Resources
• Moving Tasks
• Rescheduling Tasks
• Splitting Tasks
• Deleting Tasks
• Creating Resources
• Using the Resource Information Dialog
• Assigning Resources to Tasks
• Removing and Replacing Resource Assignments
• Resource Leveling
Session 3 – Timelines & Deadlines
• Showing and Hiding the Timeline
• Customizing Timeline Tasks
• Changing Timeline Display Options
• Copying the Timeline
• Using the Task Information Dialog
• Changing the Task Calendar
• Creating a Baseline
• Using Lag and Lead Time
Session 4 – Project Output
• Creating Milestones
• Setting Deadlines
• Creating Constraints
• Format, Filters, & Groups
• Exporting a Project to Other Formats
• Printing/Emailing a Project
• Overview of Project Web App
Please note that this course uses Microsoft Project Professional 2016.