Stay Informed in Unprecedented Times
We are working around the clock to ensure you are prepared with the latest information and resources related to COVID-19. Check back often for important updates.
Use these handy links as the starting point for your COVID-19 awareness efforts. Members are encouraged to use our COVID-19 Safety & Health Hotline to connect with our Safety & Health Council, and get answers about work-related health issues.
Video: Staying Essential During COVID-19
AGC of California COVID-19 Response
When the COVID-19 pandemic forced virtually every sector of the California economy to shut down in the spring of 2020, we rolled up our sleeves and got to work. Learn more about these efforts, and the industry’s response, in our COVID-19 report. (Read More)
COVID-19 Local County Directive Tracker
We are committed to ensuring that our members have access to the tools and resources needed to operate safely during this crisis. As of June 15, 2021, California is moving beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy’s colored tier system. Most business sectors may return to usual operations, while adhering to the state’s guidance on masks. Employers will remain subject to the Cal/OSHA COVID – 19 Prevention Emergency Temporary Standards (ETS), as applicable.
Counties and cities retain the right to impose additional restrictions outside of mandates set by the state, beyond the June 15 reopening date. AGC of California staff has developed a county-by-county tracker to monitor changes on mandates on masks, vaccines, and paid sick leave set by local jurisdictions.
COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance for Contractors
Our Safety & Health department has developed guidance for contractors looking to secure COVID vaccines for their employees. Learn how to get notified when the vaccine will be available to contractors, how to verify employment in construction, and more.
- WebEd Seminar: Pre-Recorded WebEd from AGC of America: “Sticking Points: What Construction Employers Need To Know About COVID-19 Vaccines”
- Vaccination Q&As: AGC of America’s “Vaccination Q&As for Construction Employers”
COVID-19 Testing Resources
As a benefit of your membership, on-site diagnostic PCR testing for COVID-19 is offered through Innovative Human Performance Safety (IHP Safety). This testing is considered highly reliable and results can, on average, be delivered within 24-hours. For questions about the partnership, email Brian Mello, Associate Vice President, Engagement & Regulatory Affairs, at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard Tools & Resources
On June 17, 2021, the Cal/OSHA Standards board voted to PASS the revised COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard. Governor Newsom signed executive order N-09-21 putting the revised COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standard in effect as of June 17, 2021. Learn more about the revised Emergency Temporary Standards here.
Below are additional resources available to help your company remain compliant:
- COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards Bulletin
- Cal/OSHA Update & COVID-19 HR Considerations
- Template – For General Contractors – Trade Partner Revised Emergency Temporary Standard Letter
- Template – Attestation of Full Vaccination Against COVID-19
Check our document guidance for an overview of each COVID-19 tool and resource noted below, and the Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Regulation FAQs. These FAQs are updated regularly as additional clarification comes to our team from Cal/OSHA.
- Master Plan “COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan for Construction” (Updated June 25, 2021)
- COVID-19 Toolbox Talk
- Close Proximity Work Form [English] [Spanish]
- COVID-19 Checklist for Employers and Workplace Personnel
- Contact Tracing Form (Updated June 25, 2021)
- Daily Contractor Compliance Checklist
- Employee Notification
- Essential Industry Employee
- Exposure Memo [English] [Spanish] (Updated Dec. 17, 2020)
- Temperature Screening Guidance
AB 685 COVID-19 Notification Requirements
- AB 685 Legislation Bulletin
- AGC CA Employee COVID-19 Notice
- AGC CA Subcontractor COVID-19 Notice
- AGC CA Exclusive Representative COVID-19 Notice
- AB 685 Union Notification Contact List
Safety & Health Resources
- COVID-19 Flowchart: How to Respond (March 27)
- Office and Jobsite Postings (March 25)
- Daily Crew Safety Assessment Template [English] [Spanish] (March 25)
- Fact Sheet: “Steps All Employers Can Take to Reduce Workers’ Risk of Exposure” (March 11, 2020)
The following AGC of California members are able to supply various types of PPE for your company:*
*AGC does not endorse any company and will not be held liable for any transactions.
Labor Relations Resources
- Worksheet: “Union Guidance on Workplace Disruptions and Compliance” (March 18, 2020)
Paycheck Protection Program
- Northern California PPP Union Requirements
- Northern California District Council of Laborers PPP MOU
- Operating Engineers Local Union No. 3 PPP MOU
- District Council of Plasterers’ and Cement Masons’ of Northern California PPP MOU
City and County Paid Sick Leave and Related Ordinances
- Northern California Paid Sick Leave and Related Ordinances
- Northern Carpenters 46 Northern California Counties Conference Board PSL Memo
- Southern California Paid Sick Leave and Related Ordinances
- Southern California District Council of Laborers PSL Waiver
- Operating Engineers Local Union No. 12 PSL Waiver
- Southwest Regional Council of Carpenters PSL Waiver
- Southern California Cement Masons PSL Waiver
- Ironworkers of the State of California and Vicinity PSL Waiver
Prepared by Heavy Construction Systems Specialists, Inc.
- Basic Awareness Training
- Checklist for Employers & Employees
- Disposable Respirators
- Know the Facts
- Mental Health Concerns Related to COVID-19
- Prevention & Work Practice Controls
- Protect Yourself
- Stress & Coping
I’ve been proud to be a member of AGC through all of this because they have been the leader that their members expect them to be. This is what AGC was built for.
As an AGC member for over 40 years, the value of our AGC membership skyrocketed this past year during the Covid-19 pandemic. AGC’s lightening work to get our industry deemed ‘essential’ meant we could stay open, keep employing our team, and make it financially through the pandemic. If it weren’t for AGC’s prompt action, I’d hate to see where our industry and our company would be right now.
AGC provided the playbook for how to respond to COVID. It was a huge stress reliever and kept us from spinning our wheels on things that were not productive
I don’t know how our company would have been able to organize our resources and get in front of public officials to keep construction essential. AGC leveraged their relationships with key government officials and were proactive right off the bat. They carry a lot of credibility.
AGC’s leadership on the Safety Stand-Down has been an important element in how we’ve sought to deal with the pandemic. It helped unite the industry around a shared vision for pressing forward while giving us practical tools for keeping workers safe. The fact that it sparked a national stand-down movement is a testament to AGC’s influence.