Autodesk Revit Family Fundamentals OnDemand
Whether you’re a Revit veteran, or just breaking into the Revit world, Families are a vital component of any workflow. The Family’s ability to pre-define groups of objects with adjustable parameters is the very heart of Revit. Generating a complete library of Families to address the work that your company focuses on, instead of using generic examples that Autodesk includes with Revit, is the key to efficiency and increased profitability on your design projects. Understanding how to modify and build your own Families from scratch is a required skill for anyone working in the design world. Whether you’re looking to update your firm’s capabilities, or just looking to increase your personal Revit skills, ZenTek Consultants is here to help.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions or require assistance.
Session 1: Family Basics and Ground Rules
- Revit Family Basic Concepts
- Reference Planes vs. Reference Lines
- Workflow and Organization
- Parameters vs. Shared Parameters
- Practical Exercise – Parametric Box with Extrude
Session 2: Modeling for Families
- Creating Solids and Voids
- Working with Angles and Visibility Parameters
- Practical Exercises – CAD Files & Details
Session 3: Nested Families and Basic Formulas
- Understanding Nested Families
- Working with Formulas
- Practical Exercises – Formula and Nested Families
Session 4: Advanced Features
- Working with Advanced Formulas
- Creating MEP Connectors and Parameters
- Understanding Lookup Tables
- Family Quality Control and Organization