Basic Business Finance OnDemand
The Basic Business Finance online training course will explore the fundamentals of corporate finance. This course is a two-module program consisting of Basics of Business Finance and Shareholder Value Creation. These courses will give you an understanding of the basics of corporate finance and an organization's shareholder values and growth.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
The Basic Business Finance online training course will offer the fundamentals of corporate finance. This course is a two-module program consisting of Basics of Business Finance and Shareholder Value Creation.
In a world of global capital markets where capital can be moved from one country or organization to another with just the click of a mouse, the focus today is on keeping shareholder value rising. This means that firms allocate their capital to projects that earn the long-term highest returns. To ensure that stock prices rise, investors, mutual fund, and pension plan managers regularly meet with management to confirm that their strategic plans are consistent with long term growth in shareholder values.
After completing this course, you should understand the basics of corporate finance in easy-to-understand terms and appreciate more fully how your work activities can and do affect the financial health of your organization.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Basic Business Finance course, the user will learn to:
Basics of Business Finance
- Identify the sources and types of funding available to organizations today along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Summarize the contents and uses of three important financial reports: balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Describe how key ratios are used to track financial resources and guide decisions that maximize profits and company success.
- Explain how “what-if” forecasting is used to make financial decisions, including cost-benefit analysis.
- Define commonly used financial terms.
Shareholder Value Creation
- Recall four categories of the world’s resources.
- Discuss why increasing shareholder value is the primary corporate goal.
- Recall the major factors for determining the stock price and the value of a company.
- Define the term value drivers.
- Explain the difference between monopolistic, monopolistic competitive, and highly competitive markets.
- Explain why market value added (MVA) is an important measure.
- Determine how the firm’s cost of capital is estimated.
This online Basic Business Finance course is made up of the following sections:
- Basics of Business Finance Course
- Shareholder Value Creation Course
This Meeting Effectiveness online training course was designed for all employees.