Electrical Hazards OnDemand
This Electrical Hazards online training course is designed for workers who may come in contact with electrical hazards in the workplace but who are not formally qualified to work with electrical equipment. This course will help you recognize electrical hazards and how to protect yourself from the risk of electrocution in the workplace.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
An electrical hazard is one in which the possibility of being injured due to contact with an electrical source is high. Hazards such as unstable scaffolds and unprotected floor openings are easily recognized. However, most people do not recognize electrical hazards and therefore they do not appreciate the dangers associated with these hazards. This lack of knowledge contributes to the high accident rate. Find out how to recognize electrical hazards and how to protect yourself from the risk of electrocution in the workplace.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this Electrical Hazards course, the user will:
- Recognize electrically activated equipment and associated hazards.
- Describe how fuses, circuit breakers, and ground fault circuit interrupters work to avoid/reduce the risk of hazardous conditions.
- Explain the benefits of preventative maintenance in identifying faulty or hazardous equipment and tools.
- Identify and understand the hazards associated with power distribution lines
This online Electrical Hazards course is made up of the following sections:
- Understanding Electricity and Electrical Hazards
- Recognition of Hazardous Situations and Preventative Maintenance
This Electrical Hazards online training course was designed for workers who may come in contact with electrical hazards in the workplace but who are not formally qualified to work with electrical equipment.