First Aid Basics OnDemand
This First Aid Basics online training course has been developed to allow certified first aid attendants to refresh and update their basic first aid knowledge. This program is meant to supplement completed first aid training by providing a review of some of the critical information covered in a typical First Aid Course.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online First Aid Basics course, the user will learn to:
- Define the role of the first aid provider.
- Recall seven emergency action principles.
- Identify the type of breathing emergencies: respiratory distress and respiratory arrest.
- Explain the differences between rescue breathing techniques for a child and an infant.
- Recall the first aid techniques for choking including partial and full airway obstruction.
- List the steps of CPR.
- Recognize the role of the Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
- Describe how to treat minor cuts, lacerations, and severe bleeding emergencies.
- Recall techniques for treating fracture emergencies.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of shock.
- Explain how to take control at the scene of a first aid emergency.
This online First Aid Basics course is made up of the following sections:
- The Role of the First Aid Provider
- Emergency Action Principles
- Breathing Issues and Choking
- CPR and AED’s
- Bleeding Emergencies
This First Aid Basics online training course was designed for everyone.