Hazardous Materials Transportation: 49 CFR Overview OnDemand
This Hazardous Materials Transportation online training course will provide an overview of the responsibilities of hazmat employers and employees under Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR), Subchapter C, "Hazardous Materials Regulations", including classification, packaging, hazard communication requirements including shipping papers, marking, labeling and placarding, as well as incident reporting and security.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact email@example.com if you have questions or require assistance.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Hazardous Materials Transportation course, the user will learn to:
- Identify the regulations that apply to the transportation of hazardous materials (hazmat).
- Recall how hazardous materials are classified.
- Describe hazmat packaging requirements.
- Outline hazard communication requirements: shipping papers, marking, labeling and placarding.
- Find provisions in the regulations that are applicable to specific modes of shipping: road, rail, air and water.
- Locate emergency response requirements.
- Recall reporting requirements in the case of hazmat incidents.
- Summarize hazmat security requirements.
This online Hazardous Materials Transportation course is made up of the following sections:
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Legislation
- Hazard Communication
- Carrier Requirements for Different Modes of Transport
- Emergency Response Information
- Incident Reporting
- Security Plans
- Hazmat Employee Training
This Hazardous Materials Transportation online training course was designed for employers of transportation companies, warehousing companies, chemical companies