Internal Auditing Working Papers OnDemand
This Interpreting Financial Statements online training course explores how to use financial statements and manage your business finances.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
In module 1, we will introduce the concept of Financial Statements. In module 2, we will look at Profit and Loss Statements, and Balance Sheets. In module 3, we will explain how Cash Flow Statements can help you to manage the cash you need for your business. We will show you how to prepare a Cash Flow Statement and how to use the Aging of Accounts. In module 4, we will explore the usefulness of financial ratios.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Interpreting Financial Statements course, the user will learn:
- Explain what a Profit and Loss Statement is, and what it is used for
- Explain how to use a Projected Profit and Loss Statement, and a Balance Sheet
- Identify the benefits of regular cash flow analysis
- Describe the three elements of a Cash Flow Statement
- List the steps in preparing a Cash Flow Statement
- Explain aging of accounts and state why it is important
- Describe how to prepare an Accounts Receivable Aging Report
- Explain what financial ratios are and how they are calculated
- Identify the uses of financial ratios
- Give examples of operating ratios and solvency ratios
- Calculate several commonly used ratios using the formulas provided
This online Interpreting Financial Statements course is made up of the following sections:
- Introduction to Financial Statements
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Understanding Cash Flow
- Understanding Ratios
This Interpreting Financial Statements online training course was designed for business professionals from various industry sectors.