Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
This Personal Protective Equipment online training course is designed for Employers, supervisors, and workers in the construction and general industry. More than one-quarter of all disabling injuries involve the head, eyes, hands, or feet. Personal protective equipment, or PPE, is designed to protect you from those health and safety hazards that cannot practically be removed from your immediate work environment.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Personal Protective Equipment course, the user will learn:
- Explain the purpose of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Identify the most common types of PPE and give examples of each.
- Identify situations in which hard hats are required by law.
- Describe the significance of Canadian Standards Association (CSA) patches for safety footwear.
- Identify the responsibilities of managers/supervisors and employees in ensuring health and safety in the workplace.
This online Personal Protective Equipment course is made up of the following sections:
- What is PPE?
- Selecting and Using PPE
- Head Protection
- Eye and Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Body Protection
- Hand Protection
- Leg and Foot Protection
- Hi-Viz Clothing
This Personal Protective Equipment online training course was designed for Employers, supervisors, and workers in the construction and general industry.