Setting and Achieving Effective Goals
Brought to you by the Statewide Emerging Leaders Program, this 2-part workshop will help you both write and fully implement professional and personal goals that are inspirational, pragmatic and meaningful.
NOTE: This course consists of 2 workshops in a series. You’ll discuss and draft detailed, specific goals for yourself in Workshop #1, and you will revisit your success in achieving them when we meet again for Workshop #2.
- Workshop #1: September 13, 11:00am-12:30pm
- Workshop #2: October 13, 11:00am-12:30pm
- Draft a “Balanced Scorecard” that includes both professional and personal goals.
- Learn how to write goals that combine inspiration and pragmatism.
- Write goals that identify tangible results.
- Learn how to use focus and visualization processes to help you achieve your goals.
- Understand why habits are the most effective way to fully implement and goals and draft outlines for the habits most important for your interests.
Refine Your Draft Goals in A Small Breakout Group
- Working in a small breakout group, you’ll be able to discuss your draft goals with peers and accomplish two key tasks.
- First, the group will help you anticipate and address obstacles you may confront when you’re trying to achieve your goals.
- Second, the group may allow you to identify new and valuable goals you wouldn’t have generated on your own.
About the Instructors
William (Bill) Ronco, Ph.D., has 25+ years’ experience designing and implementing strategic planning, leadership development, construction partnering and custom training in construction companies, design firms and owner/client organizations. He is the Founder and Director of AGC Massachusetts’ Young Contractors Professional Institute (YCPI). To view a detailed description of the YCPI Program, please click here.
To get the most from the workshop, a clearer idea of what we’ll cover, and what it will accomplish, take a look at these two posts Bill has posted on his Building Leader blog: