Supervisory Law [US] OnDemand
The laws governing employment are very complex. The objective of this course is to raise awareness among members at the leadership level so that they are “sensitive” to issues that pose potentially litigious repercussions. This course will only cover the basics of each area of employment law and is not intended to be conclusively the “whole and sum” of the law.
This Course is OnDemand
This course will be hosted at https://lms.on-demand.academy/ Use your AGC/Atlas Login credentials in order to access your training courses. If you do not have AGC/Atlas Login credentials, please create an account in https://lms.on-demand.academy/ using the same email address you used when purchasing the course to access the content.
It may take up to 45 minutes for your course to be ready and enrolled.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or require assistance.
Course Learning Objectives
By taking this online Supervisory Law course, the user will learn to:
- Understand the employer/employee relationship
- Recognize management as an agent of the organization
- Speak respectfully
- Treat people fairly
- Support a harassment free workplace
- Document employment decisions
- Partner with HR on terminations
- Be safety conscious
- Ask only job-related questions in interviews
- Be sensitive to needs for leave
- Respect privacy
- Follow wage and hour rules
This online Supervisory Law course is made up of the following sections:
- The Origin of Employment Law
- Your Role in the Organization
- PRACTICE 1: Speak Respectfully
- PRACTICE 2: Treat People Fairly
- PRACTICE 3: Support a Harassment Free Workplace
- PRACTICE 4: Document Employment Decisions
- PRACTICE 5: Partner with HR on Terminations
- PRACTICE 6: Be Safety Conscious
- PRACTICE 7: Ask Only Job-Related Questions in Interviews
- PRACTICE 8: Be Sensitive to Needs for Leave
- PRACTICE 9: Respect Privacy
- PRACTICE 10: Follow Wage and Hour Rules
This Supervisory Law online training course was designed for Supervisors and Managers in the United States.